Just another WordPress.com site
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Still didn’t get out for a walk the last couple of mornings. The rain is getting worse and seems to be setting in. It has turned cool with it again too. The old lady next door has started lighting her fire again in the mornings. I can tell because she uses a kerosene based firelighter to get it started and my house fills up with foul smelling kerosene smoke. Then when it is going my house fills up with foul smelling smoke as she tends to bank her fire down which makes it very smoky.
I don’t thing that stuff is very good for you to be breathing all day. I like to work outside in the garden all day and I have to breath the smelly smoke. The problem is, I think, her stove pipe is too short and doesn’t extent past the ridge of her roof. That means that because I am in the way of the prevailing wind the smoke comes straight down and into my house.
I might have to have a talk to the environmental officer at city hall and see if they can do something about it. It is no good trying to talk directly to her because she sees me as some sort of monster, as she sees all her neighbors, and refuses to communicate. She seems to have plenty of money because she has just bought another new car.
Anyway, that is not what I wanted to talk about. I have come across some other ideas to get fit at home. Things like mini trampolines and step platforms. You know, that stuff they use in aerobic classes for you to jump up and down on and get yourself fit. There are plenty of those things on sale and all you need then is to get a DVD of one o f those aerobics classes and you are a way.
You can get fit right in front of your TV in your own lounge room with no one to laugh at you. It doesn’t matter how you look in your funny exercise gear because there will be no one to see you. You could even exercise naked if you wanted to then when you are nice and slim you could get some good fitting gear and go to one of those classes and show off your new body.
Sounds good to me. We are not even talking about much money here. I will give you a link below to give you an idea what it is going to cost.
- Can you dance yourself fit? (newsviews.co.uk)
- Fit For 2 Step Aerobic Workout For Pregnancy [VHS] (after50health.com)
- Skip the Gym Membership Fee by Bartering for Free Classes or Doing Free Video Fitness Classes [Exercise] (lifehacker.com)
- CoreBody Reformer: A Real Workout or Just Another As Seen On TV Product? (savings.com)
- Landlords ‘should fit smoke alarms’ (simplelandlordsinsurance.com)
- Barre classes: Best of ballet-inspired workouts (mnn.com)
- Fitness Focus: Increase Balance, mental focus, and improve posture with Wii Fit Plus (luv2savemo.wordpress.com)
- Get rid of Love handles for Women (abysmalfitness.com)
- Zumba: A fun way to keep fit (savingsandmoney.com)
- Kitchen mistake turns into smelly health hazard ()
- A Soccer Ball that is an Energy Generator? (lumoenergy.com.au)
- The Firelight E Cigarette – A Ingenious Remedy? (pctechmojo.com)
- Waverly School Evacuated Because Of Smoke (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Holy Smoke !!!!! (indianteenager.wordpress.com)
- Get the Smoke Stink Out of Your Hair (bellasugar.com)
- Day Eleven: (stuartotwaysmith.com)
- Enugu residents decry high cost of kerosene (vanguardngr.com)
- House Probe: Fresh fraud uncovered in subsidy payments (vanguardngr.com)
- Nigerians groan as kerosene price soars (vanguardngr.com)
- Ottawa firefighter examines highrise fire safety (vancouversun.com)
- Ottawa firefighter examines highrise blaze safety (canada.com)
- Nengsy : Indonesia (kiva.org)
- Coventry News: Coventry family flee from house fire (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Smoke ‘Em If You’ve Got ‘Em (offthepresses.blogspot.com)
- One Million Lights trades kerosene for solar in developing countries (grist.org)
- HOUSE PROBE: Reps expose portfolio investors (vanguardngr.com)
- Man charged with stealing N9m worth of kerosene (vanguardngr.com)
- Petrol fire burns 3 chilldren in Nsukka (vanguardngr.com)
- Getting Fit (nicolfraser.wordpress.com)
- 90 Day Fitness Challenge (marysharesfitness.wordpress.com)
- The Journey to Bear Claw Village from Elthos RPG (elthosrpg.blogspot.com)
- Judith’s Diary (a tale of Bluebeard and Bluebeard’s Wife) (christianfantasyforwomen.com)
- Do You Feel Like You Don’t Fit In? (blogher.com)
- Trial by Snow, by Bill S. (survivalblog.com)
- L.A. Fitness (crossfitovercome.com)
- WakaWaka solar led lamp aims to light up Kenyan school (gizmag.com)
- People don’t think (minkyweasel.com)
Didn’t get out for a walk this morning because it was raining. No excuse really because walking in the rain with a brolly is fun so I guess I am still taking any excuse not to get out of bed and go for that walk. I am still trying to decide what is the best form of exercise.
I was browsing through the junk mail today and saw an advert for a trampoline. You know, that annoying advertising material that arrives in your letter box almost every day. Some people have those little signs that say ‘no junk mail please’ but my wife actually likes it. She says it gives her a chance to evaluate what all the stores are offering. Even the supermarkets compete with specials by junk mail and we often are dictated to where we shop by what is on special.
The whole business has become huge now and you can get part time work delivering this stuff. We tried it once but you have to walk a lot of kilometers for very little money. I suppose if you regard the compulsory walking as a big benefit then the monetary payment is just a bonus. I have seen some old guys out there with trollies loaded with their catalogs and they do several runs each week. I suppose they are keeping fit and they are able to supplement their pension.
Some of the catalog companies are a better deal and we tried that once too. You deliver a catalog to the front door mat early in the week and call round a couple of days later. If some one orders then you submit the order to your supervisor and she processes it. When she delivers it to you then you deliver it to your customer and collect the payment. The supervisor then collects the payments less your commission. We were able to pick up a couple hundred dollars a week that way for not many hours and the payment was cash and tax free.
Anyway, how did we get into all that. That’s right. A trampoline advertised in the junk mail. I was wondering if something like that would be good exercise and would be fun at the same time. I am not sure about somersaults and some of the stuff some people do on them as I like to keep the right way up all the time. And I am not sure about the safety aspect with that gap round the outside where the springs are. Get a leg down there and you could do some damage although most new trampolines have that cage set up which looks much safer.
Just think, if you spent a couple of hours of fun bouncing on your trampoline you could be doing enough exercise to loose some weight. I wonder. Anyway, I checked them out online and added a link below for you. Have a look.
- Junk Mail (savingwithsisters.wordpress.com)
- This app gets rid of your junk mail (grist.org)
- PaperKarma, Craigslist and unintentional disruption (benmetcalfe.com)
- Take A Photo And Stop Your Junk Mail With PaperKarma (techcrunch.com)
- Two Pounds of Junk Mail to Beam Away, Scotty! (snailmailbox.wordpress.com)
- How To Stop Junk Mail…FOREVER!! (urbanmogullife.com)
- Electronic mail junk e-mail ha… (uncachable.com)
- Letter: Junk mail is small inconvenience to keep Postal Service afloat (tcpalm.com)
- [Organising Challenge] Week 5 – Paper Piles (riddlemysteryengima.wordpress.com)
- Postal Services in Canada (bizcovering.com)
- SingPost delivers spam flyers to letter box (gintai.wordpress.com)
- 6 Manageable Approaches to Gain More Physical fitness into your Everyday Life (mykidcan.org)
- Chloedog Is Indisposed (lockwoodseasons.wordpress.com)
- The letter in the box (snarkywrites.com)
- The need to write. (megakath.wordpress.com)
- Pay per click text advert structure (marketing.yell.com)
- Are banner ads more effective than pop-ups? (marketing.yell.com)
- Facebook advertising – Test if you Like it. Test if you don’t! (marketing.yell.com)
- Day 35 (takingsnaps.wordpress.com)
- For Teens Wanting To Get Fit – Walking Can Certainly Help (mykidcan.org)
- The Thousand Cuts Fitness Program (sethdcohen.com)
- Get fit with your dog in the New Year (swiftsavings.com)
- Lose Weight and Get Fit By Walking (webmd.com)
- Self-Care Challenge: Walk, Walk, Walk (joyfortoday2012.wordpress.com)
- #Fitness2012: from Everyday Health, Eating Right for Exercise – Fitness Center – EverydayHealth.com (lifestyle30.wordpress.com)
- Do you want to be financially and physically fit? (investorblogger.com)
- The lazy, hazy days of February (arleneanddennis.wordpress.com)
- 5 Ways to Keep Fit without Exercise (lifestylecentral.wordpress.com)
I managed to get up early this morning and get out for a walk. I think the only reason I woke early was to empty my bladder. Which reminds me, it has been pretty good lately. I have inherited an enlarged prostate from my father who had the same problem. He even woke one morning to find he was unable to empty his bladder at all because when your prostate enlarges too much it jams your plumbing so nothing can operate. He had to go to the hospital and have a laser shot up his plumbing, first time you’ve heard it called that, so he could operate again.
Don’t like the sound of that so I have been trying different ways to reduce my problem. I have discovered that hot caffeine upsets it the most. So now I don’t drink coffee, or perhaps one or two cups a week as a treat. Cola is OK because it seems to be the heat in the caffeine drinks that does the damage. Anyway, that is something for you to look at if you have the same problem although no doubt every one is different.
I was reading somewhere that working out in a gym and building muscles helps you burn more fat. Apparently the action of building muscle works on the fat too so maybe one of those home gyms would be a good idea. You can get them now with the four sides so you get a variety of workouts which amounts to four machines in one. The only snag is the space needed to house such a large piece of apparatus. I know some people use a spare bedroom to set one which is OK if you have a spare bedroom because it takes up a whole room size space.
Sheds and garages and even patio decks have been used to house one of these things and once you have it set up you have virtually a complete gym at home so you can work out any time it suits you. There is enough variety of exercise on the four machines to do all you need to do to your body. So once again it is back to the online shopping and I found that these machines are readily available in a range of styles and prices.
I am still hesitant and still leaning towards the treadmill but check them out anyway. I have added a link below for you.
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy – Top Questions and Answers (prostatehealthnews.org)
- Enlarged Prostate Diet – Important Preventive Measure (prostatehealthnews.org)
- 7 Major Symptoms of an Enlarged Prostate That You Should Not Take Lightly (prostatehealthnews.org)
- Urox for the man who should be active (incostress1.wordpress.com)
- Check your Enlarged Prostate – Avoid Serious Complications (prostatehealthnews.org)
- New Prostate Surgery – Saving A Long Stay In Hospital (prostatehealthnews.org)
- Drug for Enlarged Prostate May Slow Cancer Growth (webmd.com)
- causes of erectile dysfunction (mykidcan.org)
- Bashful Bladder Symptom (connectiongoddess.com)
- Safe and Cost-Effective New Thermobalancing Therapy for BPH vs. Unsafe and Expensive Medications and Surgeries for Prostate Enlargement States Fine Treatment (seattlepi.com)
I have been talking about trimming down a bit especially on the waist line. The trouble is it has been mostly talking so far. I managed to get up early the other morning and go for a walk but most mornings it has been a bit difficult to get up.
I know, I know. Where is my motivation. We have just had a trip to the Philippines for a wedding and were away for 5 weeks all together. That is just enough time to get settled in and adjust to the food and the time difference. I know it is only 2 hours difference but when that is behind us it makes it hard to wake up early. Six am here is only four am there so I am still sound asleep until I can get adjusted back.
Incidentally, we had a great time over there. After a month or so you can tell you are much healthier. You don’t seem to eat as much and the food is healthier. Not as much sugar although they do have sugar in their bread. Bit like a cake mix which is OK until you toast it and have an egg on it. The egg doesn’t go to well with the sugar in the bread. There is a German guy there with a bakery and he does a bit of nice German bread too which is pretty good.
Now that we have mentioned food, we have to realize that losing weight is a lot about food. We have to admit that most of the food we like is not good for us. So I guess losing weight is all about reducing your food intake and doing some regular exercise. Sounds simple but I know it can be hard especially that exercise bit. I think the secret here is to find some form of exercise that you are going to enjoy. That would make it so much easier to be motivated to keep at it.
I want to mention bike riding here as there seems to be so many doing it. I suppose you are getting somewhere a a good rate of knots so you get to enjoy the sights as you go. Just have to watch those crazy drivers though as they can’t even see you half the time. As I mentioned before, I can’t ride a bike as it makes my bum too sore although I haven’t tried those new fancy super wide and soft comfortable bike seats.
If that sounds like you it could be worth checking out. You could soon get fit and see the sights of town from a new perspective. I did have a look online and found that bikes are not very expensive at all. I was really surprised. You could get yourself on the latest super road bike for only a couple of hundred and be on the way to being super thin again. I will add a couple of links below for you again and as before I found Amazon had some great deals.
- Time To Get Fit Again (nicolfraser.wordpress.com)
- No Self-Control Needed. How to Lose Unwanted Weight Without the Struggle (mariaslastdiet.com)
- How to get into college – Dec. 11 (greatshalom.wordpress.com)
- Shop Amazons Toy List. (marvelousfinds.wordpress.com)
- Seroquel and the Miracle of Losing Weight? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Help Your Kids Lose Weight by Losing Weight Yourself (education.com)
- Why losing weight is twice as hard as you may think ¿ it slows down metabolism (dailymail.co.uk)
- Can A Lip Gloss Help You Lose Weight? (bellasugar.com)
- Personal Self Help for the future. (vijnana3000.wordpress.com)
- Dead Broke Last Minute Online Holiday Gift Guide (dbblife.com)
Isn’t it a pain when you realize that you have become too over weight and too unfit and you just have to do something about it. It seems to get harder as you get older, I suppose because you are not as active as you once were.
I used to jog every morning early. Never missed a morning for years and years. But that was when I was much younger and is probably why I have a bad back now. All those years of pounding the pavement must jar on your back and do lots of damage.
So now what do I do to get fit again. My waist has enlarged significantly and I definitely don’t feel fit any more. I have started to get up earlier and have a nice walk around the block. My sedately walk doesn’t seem to do much as far as getting my heart rate up and burning some extra calories. Maybe I can work up to longer and longer walks and maybe get faster and faster although I don’t hold out much hope for that to happen.
I suppose I could go to a gym but that is more money and the hassle of actually having to go somewhere to work out. I suppose too, I could get some gym equipment at home and work out in front of the TV or something. That would make it a little more bearable. That way I would only have a once off monetary lay out and a machine that I could use fore ever.
But what machine to buy. Which is the best one for me. What is going to give me the best result for the least effort. I know that is not really the right attitude but hey, if I am going to lay out some cash for an exercise machine I might as well have the best or at least one that is going to do the job.
I don’t like bicycle type machines because they always give me a sore bum and those weight type things where you have to load up pulleys with different weights and pull on a cable don’t do much for me either. As I am walking now and it is something I am comfortable with maybe I should just get a walking machine. A treadmill where I can adjust the speed as I get fitter and have all sorts of gauges for distance walked and heart monitoring etc.
That sounds like me. I will do some research online a see what I can come up with………….
Found some. Amazon seem to have a fantastic range. I will include a few links below of some of their best ones to show you.
- Shock and Awe…An attempt at fewer yawns… (honeysucklehenry.wordpress.com)
- Use Beach Christmas Decorations To Mix Up Your Holiday Theme (allhome-improve.com)
- Personal Self Help for the future. (vijnana3000.wordpress.com)
- How to get into college – Dec. 11 (greatshalom.wordpress.com)
- Amazon Black Friday Countdown. (marvelousfinds.wordpress.com)
- Get to Amazon.com (tovah11.wordpress.com)
- Shop Amazons Toy List. (marvelousfinds.wordpress.com)
- The Small Business Owner Master Hacks – Part 1 (themasterhacker.wordpress.com)
- Dragon’s Dogma Story Trailer (pathtoataraxia.wordpress.com)
- Shop Amazon Toys and Games/parfumes for Women, Nautica Cologne on Sale for Men! (marvelousfinds.wordpress.com)
- Elliptical Teacher Vs Stationary Bicycle (boldstate.com)
- Marketing And Advertising Be Using A Great Elliptical Trainer (aujasus.com)
- Treadmills and ellipticals can help boost your winter workout (news.consumerreports.org)
- Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer (after50health.com)
- History of the Bicycle (bikesandstuff.wordpress.com)
- Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer Review (after50health.com)
- Ah… cardio… how I loathe thee… sometimes. (claybrizendine.wordpress.com)
- Day 17 – Triathlon Training Program (gregvick.wordpress.com)
- How to Find (and Use) Your Fat-Burning Zone (jaymurdock.wordpress.com)
- Review & Invitation! OMRON Strapless Heart Rate Monitor (simplegreenorganichappy.com)
- Cardio Equipment from Fitness 4 Home Superstore Helps Keep Off Holiday Weight (prweb.com)
- 12 Exercises For Heart Health (wildthingsrunfree.com)
- Reap the Benefits of Exercise and Staying Fit (slideshare.net)
- Quick–but challenging (healthsass.blogspot.com)
- Fitness Log for January 6th (365dayfitnesschallenge.wordpress.com)
- Scientists Find the Bare Minimum Exercise You Need to Get Fit (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Scientists Find the Bare Minimum Exercise You Need to Get Fit [Health] (gizmodo.com)
- How Fit Is Your Fetus? Exercise During Pregnancy and Fetal Heart Rate (scienceofmom.com)
- Saturday! A Few Quick Workouts To Start Your Day (larasweighdown.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Log for January 15th 2012 (365dayfitnesschallenge.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Log for January 14th 2012 (365dayfitnesschallenge.wordpress.com)
- Importance of warming up and cooling down (racsfitness.wordpress.com)
- Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer (after50health.com)
- Living with Chronic Pain is Just Like Groundhog Day (painfreeposturemnandpilatesintegration.wordpress.com)
- It fits! (jembanks.wordpress.com)
- 7 weeks in . . . (manysleeplessnights.com)
- FITNESS JOURNAL – Right Knee Still Not 100% Back to Normal (beautyqueenweightloss.wordpress.com)
- FitFlops Fashion Footwear For Fitness And Health (prweb.com)
- Enter Our Get Fit For 2012 Giveaways (bellasugar.com)
- Enter Our Get Fit For 2012 Giveaways (fabsugar.com)
- BMI – again! (loseweightandkeepitoff.wordpress.com)
- Fitness craze (iamedic26.wordpress.com)
- Too Broke to Get in Shape? Blogger Compiles a List of the 50 Best Free Fitness Courses from 50 Fitness Authors (prweb.com)
- Fat vs. Fit Debate For Heart Patients – Walking with a TrekDesk Treadmill Desk Offers An Edge (prweb.com)
- New Book All About Me Fitness! Offers Custom Workout Options (prweb.com)
- Fitness craze (kasdorffitness.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Expert Links North American Diet Failures to Specific Brain Chemistry (prweb.com)
- Unfit to Protect and Defend (infosecurity.us)
I have had a couple of blogs already but both have been shut down by the hosting company because of excessive usage and demand on their servers. The first time I was shut down I went to another hosting company and explained my situation. They offered me a hosting package that was unlimited so I would not be shut down again. However, after 6 months, I had built the blog up again with a lot of followers and I was shut down again.
So what does one do. This is a free platform because I
don’t trust hosting companies any more. No doubt this one will get shut down too if it gets too popular. Ho hum……….
- Blog Platform Shut Down – Blogetery Probed By FBI (lostballinhighweeds.com)
- “Best Green Hosting” Title Awarded to Green Geeks (prweb.com)
- You Want to Start a Blog, But First …. (happilyblended.com)
- Web Hosting Company BrainHost.com Gives Away Free Domains for Mardi Gras (prweb.com)
- Blog platform shut down because of al-Qaeda material – host (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- JotForm.com Gets Shut Down SOPA-Style (it.slashdot.org)
- Heart Internet Upgrades Web Hosting Plans (prweb.com)
- Bomb making tips, ‘hit list’ behind Blogetery closure (news.cnet.com)
- Report says ‘Colbert Report’ shut down over host’s ailing mother – msnbc.com (blog) (subscription) (theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com)
- Blogetery Shutdown Due To al-Qaeda Info (yro.slashdot.org)
- What is shared web hosting? (marketing.yell.com)
- FBI Shutting Down DNS Servers of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Zynga Makes Dramatic Shift From Public Cloud (pcworld.com)
- In a few short hours, CyanogenMod gets enough donations for new servers from its community (9to5google.com)
- Webzilla Data Center Continues to Expand, Adds 500th TWP Supermicro Server (prweb.com)
- Foxconn server hacked, CEO’s password revealed (tuaw.com)
- DreamHost’s Unhappy January Continues: First, A Database Breach, Now An Outage (techcrunch.com)
- We’re Baaaaaack!!| The Post & Email (gunnyg.wordpress.com)