Just another WordPress.com site
Tag Archives: Business
Didn’t get out for a walk this morning because it was raining. No excuse really because walking in the rain with a brolly is fun so I guess I am still taking any excuse not to get out of bed and go for that walk. I am still trying to decide what is the best form of exercise.
I was browsing through the junk mail today and saw an advert for a trampoline. You know, that annoying advertising material that arrives in your letter box almost every day. Some people have those little signs that say ‘no junk mail please’ but my wife actually likes it. She says it gives her a chance to evaluate what all the stores are offering. Even the supermarkets compete with specials by junk mail and we often are dictated to where we shop by what is on special.
The whole business has become huge now and you can get part time work delivering this stuff. We tried it once but you have to walk a lot of kilometers for very little money. I suppose if you regard the compulsory walking as a big benefit then the monetary payment is just a bonus. I have seen some old guys out there with trollies loaded with their catalogs and they do several runs each week. I suppose they are keeping fit and they are able to supplement their pension.
Some of the catalog companies are a better deal and we tried that once too. You deliver a catalog to the front door mat early in the week and call round a couple of days later. If some one orders then you submit the order to your supervisor and she processes it. When she delivers it to you then you deliver it to your customer and collect the payment. The supervisor then collects the payments less your commission. We were able to pick up a couple hundred dollars a week that way for not many hours and the payment was cash and tax free.
Anyway, how did we get into all that. That’s right. A trampoline advertised in the junk mail. I was wondering if something like that would be good exercise and would be fun at the same time. I am not sure about somersaults and some of the stuff some people do on them as I like to keep the right way up all the time. And I am not sure about the safety aspect with that gap round the outside where the springs are. Get a leg down there and you could do some damage although most new trampolines have that cage set up which looks much safer.
Just think, if you spent a couple of hours of fun bouncing on your trampoline you could be doing enough exercise to loose some weight. I wonder. Anyway, I checked them out online and added a link below for you. Have a look.
- Junk Mail (savingwithsisters.wordpress.com)
- This app gets rid of your junk mail (grist.org)
- PaperKarma, Craigslist and unintentional disruption (benmetcalfe.com)
- Take A Photo And Stop Your Junk Mail With PaperKarma (techcrunch.com)
- Two Pounds of Junk Mail to Beam Away, Scotty! (snailmailbox.wordpress.com)
- How To Stop Junk Mail…FOREVER!! (urbanmogullife.com)
- Electronic mail junk e-mail ha… (uncachable.com)
- Letter: Junk mail is small inconvenience to keep Postal Service afloat (tcpalm.com)
- [Organising Challenge] Week 5 – Paper Piles (riddlemysteryengima.wordpress.com)
- Postal Services in Canada (bizcovering.com)
- SingPost delivers spam flyers to letter box (gintai.wordpress.com)
- 6 Manageable Approaches to Gain More Physical fitness into your Everyday Life (mykidcan.org)
- Chloedog Is Indisposed (lockwoodseasons.wordpress.com)
- The letter in the box (snarkywrites.com)
- The need to write. (megakath.wordpress.com)
- Pay per click text advert structure (marketing.yell.com)
- Are banner ads more effective than pop-ups? (marketing.yell.com)
- Facebook advertising – Test if you Like it. Test if you don’t! (marketing.yell.com)
- Day 35 (takingsnaps.wordpress.com)
- For Teens Wanting To Get Fit – Walking Can Certainly Help (mykidcan.org)
- The Thousand Cuts Fitness Program (sethdcohen.com)
- Get fit with your dog in the New Year (swiftsavings.com)
- Lose Weight and Get Fit By Walking (webmd.com)
- Self-Care Challenge: Walk, Walk, Walk (joyfortoday2012.wordpress.com)
- #Fitness2012: from Everyday Health, Eating Right for Exercise – Fitness Center – EverydayHealth.com (lifestyle30.wordpress.com)
- Do you want to be financially and physically fit? (investorblogger.com)
- The lazy, hazy days of February (arleneanddennis.wordpress.com)
- 5 Ways to Keep Fit without Exercise (lifestylecentral.wordpress.com)
Isn’t it a pain when you realize that you have become too over weight and too unfit and you just have to do something about it. It seems to get harder as you get older, I suppose because you are not as active as you once were.
I used to jog every morning early. Never missed a morning for years and years. But that was when I was much younger and is probably why I have a bad back now. All those years of pounding the pavement must jar on your back and do lots of damage.
So now what do I do to get fit again. My waist has enlarged significantly and I definitely don’t feel fit any more. I have started to get up earlier and have a nice walk around the block. My sedately walk doesn’t seem to do much as far as getting my heart rate up and burning some extra calories. Maybe I can work up to longer and longer walks and maybe get faster and faster although I don’t hold out much hope for that to happen.
I suppose I could go to a gym but that is more money and the hassle of actually having to go somewhere to work out. I suppose too, I could get some gym equipment at home and work out in front of the TV or something. That would make it a little more bearable. That way I would only have a once off monetary lay out and a machine that I could use fore ever.
But what machine to buy. Which is the best one for me. What is going to give me the best result for the least effort. I know that is not really the right attitude but hey, if I am going to lay out some cash for an exercise machine I might as well have the best or at least one that is going to do the job.
I don’t like bicycle type machines because they always give me a sore bum and those weight type things where you have to load up pulleys with different weights and pull on a cable don’t do much for me either. As I am walking now and it is something I am comfortable with maybe I should just get a walking machine. A treadmill where I can adjust the speed as I get fitter and have all sorts of gauges for distance walked and heart monitoring etc.
That sounds like me. I will do some research online a see what I can come up with………….
Found some. Amazon seem to have a fantastic range. I will include a few links below of some of their best ones to show you.
- Shock and Awe…An attempt at fewer yawns… (honeysucklehenry.wordpress.com)
- Use Beach Christmas Decorations To Mix Up Your Holiday Theme (allhome-improve.com)
- Personal Self Help for the future. (vijnana3000.wordpress.com)
- How to get into college – Dec. 11 (greatshalom.wordpress.com)
- Amazon Black Friday Countdown. (marvelousfinds.wordpress.com)
- Get to Amazon.com (tovah11.wordpress.com)
- Shop Amazons Toy List. (marvelousfinds.wordpress.com)
- The Small Business Owner Master Hacks – Part 1 (themasterhacker.wordpress.com)
- Dragon’s Dogma Story Trailer (pathtoataraxia.wordpress.com)
- Shop Amazon Toys and Games/parfumes for Women, Nautica Cologne on Sale for Men! (marvelousfinds.wordpress.com)
- Elliptical Teacher Vs Stationary Bicycle (boldstate.com)
- Marketing And Advertising Be Using A Great Elliptical Trainer (aujasus.com)
- Treadmills and ellipticals can help boost your winter workout (news.consumerreports.org)
- Horizon Fitness EX-59 Elliptical Trainer (after50health.com)
- History of the Bicycle (bikesandstuff.wordpress.com)
- Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer Review (after50health.com)
- Ah… cardio… how I loathe thee… sometimes. (claybrizendine.wordpress.com)
- Day 17 – Triathlon Training Program (gregvick.wordpress.com)
- How to Find (and Use) Your Fat-Burning Zone (jaymurdock.wordpress.com)
- Review & Invitation! OMRON Strapless Heart Rate Monitor (simplegreenorganichappy.com)
- Cardio Equipment from Fitness 4 Home Superstore Helps Keep Off Holiday Weight (prweb.com)
- 12 Exercises For Heart Health (wildthingsrunfree.com)
- Reap the Benefits of Exercise and Staying Fit (slideshare.net)
- Quick–but challenging (healthsass.blogspot.com)
- Fitness Log for January 6th (365dayfitnesschallenge.wordpress.com)
- Scientists Find the Bare Minimum Exercise You Need to Get Fit (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Scientists Find the Bare Minimum Exercise You Need to Get Fit [Health] (gizmodo.com)
- How Fit Is Your Fetus? Exercise During Pregnancy and Fetal Heart Rate (scienceofmom.com)
- Saturday! A Few Quick Workouts To Start Your Day (larasweighdown.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Log for January 15th 2012 (365dayfitnesschallenge.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Log for January 14th 2012 (365dayfitnesschallenge.wordpress.com)
- Importance of warming up and cooling down (racsfitness.wordpress.com)
- Horizon Fitness EX-69 Elliptical Trainer (after50health.com)
- Living with Chronic Pain is Just Like Groundhog Day (painfreeposturemnandpilatesintegration.wordpress.com)
- It fits! (jembanks.wordpress.com)
- 7 weeks in . . . (manysleeplessnights.com)
- FITNESS JOURNAL – Right Knee Still Not 100% Back to Normal (beautyqueenweightloss.wordpress.com)
- FitFlops Fashion Footwear For Fitness And Health (prweb.com)
- Enter Our Get Fit For 2012 Giveaways (bellasugar.com)
- Enter Our Get Fit For 2012 Giveaways (fabsugar.com)
- BMI – again! (loseweightandkeepitoff.wordpress.com)
- Fitness craze (iamedic26.wordpress.com)
- Too Broke to Get in Shape? Blogger Compiles a List of the 50 Best Free Fitness Courses from 50 Fitness Authors (prweb.com)
- Fat vs. Fit Debate For Heart Patients – Walking with a TrekDesk Treadmill Desk Offers An Edge (prweb.com)
- New Book All About Me Fitness! Offers Custom Workout Options (prweb.com)
- Fitness craze (kasdorffitness.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Expert Links North American Diet Failures to Specific Brain Chemistry (prweb.com)
- Unfit to Protect and Defend (infosecurity.us)