Just another WordPress.com site
Tag Archives: Credit card
Didn’t get out for a walk this morning because it was raining. No excuse really because walking in the rain with a brolly is fun so I guess I am still taking any excuse not to get out of bed and go for that walk. I am still trying to decide what is the best form of exercise.
I was browsing through the junk mail today and saw an advert for a trampoline. You know, that annoying advertising material that arrives in your letter box almost every day. Some people have those little signs that say ‘no junk mail please’ but my wife actually likes it. She says it gives her a chance to evaluate what all the stores are offering. Even the supermarkets compete with specials by junk mail and we often are dictated to where we shop by what is on special.
The whole business has become huge now and you can get part time work delivering this stuff. We tried it once but you have to walk a lot of kilometers for very little money. I suppose if you regard the compulsory walking as a big benefit then the monetary payment is just a bonus. I have seen some old guys out there with trollies loaded with their catalogs and they do several runs each week. I suppose they are keeping fit and they are able to supplement their pension.
Some of the catalog companies are a better deal and we tried that once too. You deliver a catalog to the front door mat early in the week and call round a couple of days later. If some one orders then you submit the order to your supervisor and she processes it. When she delivers it to you then you deliver it to your customer and collect the payment. The supervisor then collects the payments less your commission. We were able to pick up a couple hundred dollars a week that way for not many hours and the payment was cash and tax free.
Anyway, how did we get into all that. That’s right. A trampoline advertised in the junk mail. I was wondering if something like that would be good exercise and would be fun at the same time. I am not sure about somersaults and some of the stuff some people do on them as I like to keep the right way up all the time. And I am not sure about the safety aspect with that gap round the outside where the springs are. Get a leg down there and you could do some damage although most new trampolines have that cage set up which looks much safer.
Just think, if you spent a couple of hours of fun bouncing on your trampoline you could be doing enough exercise to loose some weight. I wonder. Anyway, I checked them out online and added a link below for you. Have a look.
- Junk Mail (savingwithsisters.wordpress.com)
- This app gets rid of your junk mail (grist.org)
- PaperKarma, Craigslist and unintentional disruption (benmetcalfe.com)
- Take A Photo And Stop Your Junk Mail With PaperKarma (techcrunch.com)
- Two Pounds of Junk Mail to Beam Away, Scotty! (snailmailbox.wordpress.com)
- How To Stop Junk Mail…FOREVER!! (urbanmogullife.com)
- Electronic mail junk e-mail ha… (uncachable.com)
- Letter: Junk mail is small inconvenience to keep Postal Service afloat (tcpalm.com)
- [Organising Challenge] Week 5 – Paper Piles (riddlemysteryengima.wordpress.com)
- Postal Services in Canada (bizcovering.com)
- SingPost delivers spam flyers to letter box (gintai.wordpress.com)
- 6 Manageable Approaches to Gain More Physical fitness into your Everyday Life (mykidcan.org)
- Chloedog Is Indisposed (lockwoodseasons.wordpress.com)
- The letter in the box (snarkywrites.com)
- The need to write. (megakath.wordpress.com)
- Pay per click text advert structure (marketing.yell.com)
- Are banner ads more effective than pop-ups? (marketing.yell.com)
- Facebook advertising – Test if you Like it. Test if you don’t! (marketing.yell.com)
- Day 35 (takingsnaps.wordpress.com)
- For Teens Wanting To Get Fit – Walking Can Certainly Help (mykidcan.org)
- The Thousand Cuts Fitness Program (sethdcohen.com)
- Get fit with your dog in the New Year (swiftsavings.com)
- Lose Weight and Get Fit By Walking (webmd.com)
- Self-Care Challenge: Walk, Walk, Walk (joyfortoday2012.wordpress.com)
- #Fitness2012: from Everyday Health, Eating Right for Exercise – Fitness Center – EverydayHealth.com (lifestyle30.wordpress.com)
- Do you want to be financially and physically fit? (investorblogger.com)
- The lazy, hazy days of February (arleneanddennis.wordpress.com)
- 5 Ways to Keep Fit without Exercise (lifestylecentral.wordpress.com)