Just another WordPress.com site
Tag Archives: Health
Still didn’t get out for a walk the last couple of mornings. The rain is getting worse and seems to be setting in. It has turned cool with it again too. The old lady next door has started lighting her fire again in the mornings. I can tell because she uses a kerosene based firelighter to get it started and my house fills up with foul smelling kerosene smoke. Then when it is going my house fills up with foul smelling smoke as she tends to bank her fire down which makes it very smoky.
I don’t thing that stuff is very good for you to be breathing all day. I like to work outside in the garden all day and I have to breath the smelly smoke. The problem is, I think, her stove pipe is too short and doesn’t extent past the ridge of her roof. That means that because I am in the way of the prevailing wind the smoke comes straight down and into my house.
I might have to have a talk to the environmental officer at city hall and see if they can do something about it. It is no good trying to talk directly to her because she sees me as some sort of monster, as she sees all her neighbors, and refuses to communicate. She seems to have plenty of money because she has just bought another new car.
Anyway, that is not what I wanted to talk about. I have come across some other ideas to get fit at home. Things like mini trampolines and step platforms. You know, that stuff they use in aerobic classes for you to jump up and down on and get yourself fit. There are plenty of those things on sale and all you need then is to get a DVD of one o f those aerobics classes and you are a way.
You can get fit right in front of your TV in your own lounge room with no one to laugh at you. It doesn’t matter how you look in your funny exercise gear because there will be no one to see you. You could even exercise naked if you wanted to then when you are nice and slim you could get some good fitting gear and go to one of those classes and show off your new body.
Sounds good to me. We are not even talking about much money here. I will give you a link below to give you an idea what it is going to cost.
- Can you dance yourself fit? (newsviews.co.uk)
- Fit For 2 Step Aerobic Workout For Pregnancy [VHS] (after50health.com)
- Skip the Gym Membership Fee by Bartering for Free Classes or Doing Free Video Fitness Classes [Exercise] (lifehacker.com)
- CoreBody Reformer: A Real Workout or Just Another As Seen On TV Product? (savings.com)
- Landlords ‘should fit smoke alarms’ (simplelandlordsinsurance.com)
- Barre classes: Best of ballet-inspired workouts (mnn.com)
- Fitness Focus: Increase Balance, mental focus, and improve posture with Wii Fit Plus (luv2savemo.wordpress.com)
- Get rid of Love handles for Women (abysmalfitness.com)
- Zumba: A fun way to keep fit (savingsandmoney.com)
- Kitchen mistake turns into smelly health hazard ()
- A Soccer Ball that is an Energy Generator? (lumoenergy.com.au)
- The Firelight E Cigarette – A Ingenious Remedy? (pctechmojo.com)
- Waverly School Evacuated Because Of Smoke (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Holy Smoke !!!!! (indianteenager.wordpress.com)
- Get the Smoke Stink Out of Your Hair (bellasugar.com)
- Day Eleven: (stuartotwaysmith.com)
- Enugu residents decry high cost of kerosene (vanguardngr.com)
- House Probe: Fresh fraud uncovered in subsidy payments (vanguardngr.com)
- Nigerians groan as kerosene price soars (vanguardngr.com)
- Ottawa firefighter examines highrise fire safety (vancouversun.com)
- Ottawa firefighter examines highrise blaze safety (canada.com)
- Nengsy : Indonesia (kiva.org)
- Coventry News: Coventry family flee from house fire (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Smoke ‘Em If You’ve Got ‘Em (offthepresses.blogspot.com)
- One Million Lights trades kerosene for solar in developing countries (grist.org)
- HOUSE PROBE: Reps expose portfolio investors (vanguardngr.com)
- Man charged with stealing N9m worth of kerosene (vanguardngr.com)
- Petrol fire burns 3 chilldren in Nsukka (vanguardngr.com)
- Getting Fit (nicolfraser.wordpress.com)
- 90 Day Fitness Challenge (marysharesfitness.wordpress.com)
- The Journey to Bear Claw Village from Elthos RPG (elthosrpg.blogspot.com)
- Judith’s Diary (a tale of Bluebeard and Bluebeard’s Wife) (christianfantasyforwomen.com)
- Do You Feel Like You Don’t Fit In? (blogher.com)
- Trial by Snow, by Bill S. (survivalblog.com)
- L.A. Fitness (crossfitovercome.com)
- WakaWaka solar led lamp aims to light up Kenyan school (gizmag.com)
- People don’t think (minkyweasel.com)
I managed to get up early this morning and get out for a walk. I think the only reason I woke early was to empty my bladder. Which reminds me, it has been pretty good lately. I have inherited an enlarged prostate from my father who had the same problem. He even woke one morning to find he was unable to empty his bladder at all because when your prostate enlarges too much it jams your plumbing so nothing can operate. He had to go to the hospital and have a laser shot up his plumbing, first time you’ve heard it called that, so he could operate again.
Don’t like the sound of that so I have been trying different ways to reduce my problem. I have discovered that hot caffeine upsets it the most. So now I don’t drink coffee, or perhaps one or two cups a week as a treat. Cola is OK because it seems to be the heat in the caffeine drinks that does the damage. Anyway, that is something for you to look at if you have the same problem although no doubt every one is different.
I was reading somewhere that working out in a gym and building muscles helps you burn more fat. Apparently the action of building muscle works on the fat too so maybe one of those home gyms would be a good idea. You can get them now with the four sides so you get a variety of workouts which amounts to four machines in one. The only snag is the space needed to house such a large piece of apparatus. I know some people use a spare bedroom to set one which is OK if you have a spare bedroom because it takes up a whole room size space.
Sheds and garages and even patio decks have been used to house one of these things and once you have it set up you have virtually a complete gym at home so you can work out any time it suits you. There is enough variety of exercise on the four machines to do all you need to do to your body. So once again it is back to the online shopping and I found that these machines are readily available in a range of styles and prices.
I am still hesitant and still leaning towards the treadmill but check them out anyway. I have added a link below for you.
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy – Top Questions and Answers (prostatehealthnews.org)
- Enlarged Prostate Diet – Important Preventive Measure (prostatehealthnews.org)
- 7 Major Symptoms of an Enlarged Prostate That You Should Not Take Lightly (prostatehealthnews.org)
- Urox for the man who should be active (incostress1.wordpress.com)
- Check your Enlarged Prostate – Avoid Serious Complications (prostatehealthnews.org)
- New Prostate Surgery – Saving A Long Stay In Hospital (prostatehealthnews.org)
- Drug for Enlarged Prostate May Slow Cancer Growth (webmd.com)
- causes of erectile dysfunction (mykidcan.org)
- Bashful Bladder Symptom (connectiongoddess.com)
- Safe and Cost-Effective New Thermobalancing Therapy for BPH vs. Unsafe and Expensive Medications and Surgeries for Prostate Enlargement States Fine Treatment (seattlepi.com)